Customers are the lifeblood of your business. You need a steady flow to not only maintain the status of your company but grow it over time. How do you keep customers coming? With marketing!
If you aren’t well versed in sales and marketing, don’t worry. We wrote this article to help you and others like you. It will provide insight and examples of how to market your PRO business like a veteran.
Digital Tactics to Market Your PRO Business
These days, people are much more likely to turn to digital tools (cell phones, computers and tablets) first when researching product and service providers. You need a strong online presence for your business to be discovered. Here are some digital tactics to utilize:
- Website – Make sure you not only have a website but have it optimized to keep visitors’ attention and get them to become a customer. Click here for tips.
- Google Maps – Google Maps is the most popular mapping tool, so make sure your business appears. Here’s how.
- Social media – Social media is an easy and inexpensive tool to attract new customers and engage with your fans. Click here for ideas.
- Email – Email is a great tool for sending out a monthly newsletter and promote specials to your contacts. Click here to learn more.
Traditional Tactics to Market Your PRO Business
While we live in a digital age, there are still plenty of “old school” marketing tactics that work. Some people even prefer traditional marketing. Here are some examples:
- Tradeshows – There’s no better place than a tradeshow for prospective customers to see your products up close and talk to you one-on-one about your services. Click here for tips.
- Print collateral – Some people like hard copies of sales materials that they can hold onto and file for reference. Examples are brochures, flyers, advertisements and business cards.
- Word of mouth – A reputation of quality products and outstanding service can help your business sell itself. Get customers spreading the word about your business with these tips.
- Branding – Having a recognizable brand increases your chances of gaining business. Here’s some advice for creating and maintaining your brand.
Get the JohnTalk “ALL-ACCESS PASS” & become a member for FREE!
Benefits Include: Subscription to JohnTalk Digital & Print Newsletters • JohnTalk Vault In-Depth Content • Full Access to the JohnTalk Classifieds & Ask a PRO Forum
Click here to learn more.
You Can Have Fun Marketing, Too
If you like to think outside the box, there are several ways to market your PRO business that both you and the public will enjoy. Here are some ideas:
- Enter a parade – Drive your truck or build a parade float to promote your business.
- Have a contest, raffle or giveaway – People like to win free stuff, so come up with a fun way for people to engage with you.
- Sponsor a team or event – Look into opportunities to sponsor athletic teams or community gatherings.
- Decorate units – Grab attention by making one or more of your units holiday-themed at public events or by sharing photos on social media.
For more fun marketing ideas, click here.
As you can see, there is no shortage of ways you can market your PRO business. Experiment with different combinations of tactics until you find what works best. Then, you’ll have no problem keeping business coming your way.
Looking to Take Your Portable Restroom Business to the NEXT LEVEL? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Operating A Portable Restroom Business.”
Thinking About GETTING INTO the Portable Restroom Industry? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Starting A Portable Restroom Business.”