Pulse of the PROs: How Do You Maintain Quality Control in the Field?April 11, 2022
INFOGRAPHIC: How to Create a Facebook AdApril 25, 2022
A Google Business Profile, formerly Google My Business, is a core platform for first impressions and local marketing. In a sense, it legitimizes your company online, similar to the yellow pages. A Google listing makes it more likely that your business will appear when potential customers use Google Maps. Also, you have a better chance of showing up on the search engine results page (SERP) when consumers use Google Search. Best of all, a Google Business Profile is free.
Take advantage of this free service by claiming and optimizing your profile and updating content regularly. Consider taking it further by incorporating promotional and review management activities into your marketing strategy. This article details how to use your Google Business Profile to increase brand recognition and drive traffic to your website.
Getting Started with Google
According to Statista, “In 2021, Google Maps was the most downloaded map and navigation app in the United States,” with over a million downloads more than its top competitor, Waze. Likewise, Google Search has dominated the market for more than a decade. Having your business show up on Google Maps and Google Search is vital. Get listed on Google by setting up an account and choosing a business category.
Google provides three business categories related to the portable restroom and rental industry: Portable Toilet Supplier, Sanitation Service, and Party Equipment Rental Service. Next, verify your company and complete your profile by adding your business hours and services. But don’t stop there. Enhance your listing with search engine optimization (SEO) and local marketing tactics.
Optimize Your Google Business Profile
Having a completed profile is the best way to be visible on Google Maps, but you can take a few more steps to improve the experience for customers. Each action tells Google that your company is authentic and open for business. Google says, “Customers are 70% more likely to visit and 50% more likely to consider purchasing from businesses with a complete Business Profile.”
Ways to improve your business listing include:
- Upload new images to your business account
- Add payment method attributes to your profile
- Link to your business website from Google
- Respond to reviews on your Google page
- Include key business information in the first 250 characters of your description
- Share your Veteran or Woman-owned designation
- Update contact information like phone numbers and email addresses
- Put keywords related to your location and services in your description
- Update your business hours and holiday schedule accordingly
Use Your Google Business Account for Marketing
Activity on your Google Business Profile demonstrates your credibility to consumers and search engines. Instead of setting it up and forgetting about it, set reminders to add new content, read reviews, and respond to questions. The Google marketing kit website is a great place to start. You can download print-ready materials for your location and use customizable post templates.
Market your services on Google for free by:
- Promoting special offers by posting on your Google profile
- Sending customers a link to leave a Google review
- Creating automated responses to customer messages to your account
- Sharing answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) on Google
- Using Google Analytics to track website traffic sources
- Allowing customers to request a quote from your Google listing
Make an Excellent First Impression
Consumers head to Google to search for nearby businesses every day. Setting up and optimizing a free Google Business Profile helps you capture their attention. It connects your company to your customers, allowing you to respond to reviews and questions while encouraging them to request a quote.
Looking to Take Your Portable Restroom Business to the NEXT LEVEL? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Operating A Portable Restroom Business.”
Thinking About GETTING INTO the Portable Restroom Industry? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Starting A Portable Restroom Business.”