INFOGRAPHIC: How “Blue” WorksAugust 11, 2017
INFOGRAPHIC: Top 10 Reasons to Start Your Own Portable Restroom BusinessAugust 12, 2017
People who work in the portable sanitation industry find themselves in all kinds of unusual situations. One of them is discovering someone sleeping or passed out in your portable restroom when going to service it. It could be a homeless person or someone who partied a little too hard the night before. If you or one of your employees is ever in this situation, here’s the best way to handle it.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
What to Do if Someone is Sleeping or Passed Out in One of Your Portable Restrooms
- Turn on the vacuum pump and working lights – the noises and odor are likely to wake them up
- If that doesn’t work, knock on the door or honk the truck horn
- Never touch them – you don’t know what they’ll do when they wake up. There’s also a chance they could be dead (it’s not as uncommon as you might think)
- When all else fails, call the police and let them handle it
- Keep your composure and be respectful throughout the process. The inconvenience and delay are frustrating, but reacting with anger or trying to physically remove the person can escalate the situation
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):