How to Incorporate Portable Restroom Rentals Into Your Current OperationsAugust 11, 2017
INFOGRAPHIC: What to Do If Someone is Sleeping or Passed Out in One of Your Portable RestroomsAugust 12, 2017
Deodorizing portable restroom units is an essential task for rental businesses, and the chemical known as “Blue” is the most common solution used by operators. But do you know exactly what it is and how it works? Here’s a summary.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
How “Blue” Works
- It’s a chemical compound that controls odor and breaks down waste and paper.
- There are varieties that come with and without formaldehyde. “Blue” that contains formaldehyde is not as good for public or environmental health and may not be accepted by waste disposal sites.
- It contains biocides which prevent the growth of odor-producing bacteria.
- It gets its color from a blue dye that is added. The color helps to hide the waste collected in the tank.
- It can come in packs, pucks, tabs, or liquid form.
- It comes in a variety of fragrances.
- It’s non-toxic when diluted.
- It’s effective for up to 7 days.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):