Owning and operating a portable restroom rental business can be very rewarding. However, it’s not easy, and it’s certainly not for everyone. Here is a list of some of the hardest aspects of being a business owner in the portable restroom industry that you should consider before taking the leap.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
10. Learning the Industry – The portable restroom industry is unique, and operating a business within it means overcoming a number of challenges. It’s essential to be educated about the industry before getting started and remain diligent about increasing your knowledge as you build the business.
9. Getting Started – There are many things that must be done just to get your business off the ground: saving money, getting a business license, obtaining equipment and supplies, etc. For many, just getting up and running is the most difficult part.
8. It’s Dirty – It shouldn’t be a surprise, but you’re going to get dirty. Be prepared to find yourself in smelly and dirty situations often.
7. Hours Aren’t Traditional – It’s not an industry where you simply work 9-5. You’ll put in long hours that will vary from day to day.
6. Rush Jobs Happen – To be successful, you must be ready to drop everything at a moment’s notice. You never know when a customer will put in a rush request or have an emergency that requires immediate attention.
5. Marketing & Sales – Unless you’ve had schooling or training about marketing and sales, expect a learning curve. It will take time for you to develop the strategies and skills necessary to attract and maintain customers.
4. Success Takes Time – As with any new business, it will take time to build your reputation and establish a customer base. You won’t be pulling in huge profits from the get-go.
3. Finding & Keeping Good Help – Once your business grows large enough, you will need to hire employees to help you with day-to-day operation. Finding and keeping reliable help is not always easy and requires thorough consideration and strong leadership.
2. Relinquishing Control – It’s often hard for owners of growing businesses to step back and allow employees to handle certain aspects of the business. Just remember, you can’t do it all and must trust your employees so you can focus on the tasks that are most important.
1. Maintaining Passion – The portable restroom rental business is not for everyone. Passion for the industry is essential. If you don’t enjoy going to work everyday, you won’t provide the best service to customers and your business will suffer.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):