INFOGRAPHIC: Holiday Toilet Decoration IdeasSeptember 19, 2018
Should You Check the Credit Scores of New Accounts or Impose Credit Limits?September 24, 2018
Have you ever been asked to provide portable restrooms for a strange event, or maybe a normal event that had a strange name? If your answer is “yes,” you’re not alone. There are numerous odd events held every year in the United States and across the globe. And because many of these events are outdoors, there is a need for portable sanitation equipment for attendees. In this infographic, we explore some of the strange and strangely named events where, chances are, you’ll find portable restrooms. Know of a strange event or name not listed? Post it in the comments section!
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
Get the JohnTalk “ALL-ACCESS PASS” & become a member for FREE!
Benefits Include: Subscription to JohnTalk Digital & Print Newsletters • JohnTalk Vault In-Depth Content • Full Access to the JohnTalk Classifieds & Ask a PRO Forum
Click here for membership.
Strange & Strangely Named Events Where You’ll Likely Find Portable Restrooms
- Roadkill Cook-Off — A day of tasting the strangest cuisine Marlinton, West Virginia has to offer
- Testicle Festival — The “Testy Festy” is held in Clinton, Montana with the highlight event being a bull testicle eating contest
- Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw & Festival — The main event of this festival in Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin is a contest to see who can throw a cow chip (dried up cow poop) the farthest. In case you’re wondering, the record is 248 feet.
- Duck Tape Festival — A three-day celebration in Avon, Ohio that celebrates America’s favorite repair product
Strangely Named Events
- Burning Man — This event in Northwest Nevada doesn’t have any booked acts — the entertainment is up to the creativity of attendees. It gets its name from the annual burning of a large wooden effigy that takes place.
- Electric Forest — An eight-day music festival in Rothbury, Michigan with performers from the electronic music genre
- Lollapalooza — A four-day music festival held in Chicago, Lollapalooza is not a made up word. It’s defined as an extraordinary or unusual thing, person or event.
- Bumbershoot — A Labor Day weekend music and arts festival in Seattle, Bumbershoot is a Seattle-born combination of “umbrella” and “parachute.”
- Bonnaroo — A music and arts festival held in Manchester, Tennessee, Bonnaroo is a term from Louisiana and Creole culture that means “a really good time.”
Strange International Events
- La Tomatina (Spain) — A massive tomato fight held in the streets of Bunol
- Cooper’s Hill Cheese-Rolling (England) — A contest in Gloucestershire where competitors roll large Gouda cheese wheels down a hill and follow them to the bottom
* Information from Hostelworld.com, BuzzFeed.com & Ticketmaster.com was used for this infographic.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):