INFOGRAPHIC: Most Popular Add-Ons & UpsellsAugust 7, 2017
Here’s How You Can Disappear in a Portable RestroomAugust 8, 2017
Thinking about establishing your own portable restroom rental business? These are the steps you should understand before you get started and follow as you go through the process.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
Get the JohnTalk “ALL-ACCESS PASS” & become a member for FREE!
Benefits Include: Subscription to JohnTalk Digital & Print Newsletters • JohnTalk Vault In-Depth Content • Full Access to the JohnTalk Classifieds & Ask a PRO Forum
Click here to learn more.
Steps to Starting a Portable Restroom Rental Business
Step 1: Research
- Learn about the industry, identify a potential service area, evaluate potential customers, assess the level of demand, identify competitors & perform a SWOT analysis
Step 2: Create a Business Plan
- It’s an outline of your business that consists of: Executive Summary, Company Description, Product/Service Line, Market Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Management Summary & Financial Projections
Step 3: Find a Business Location
- Determine if you can set up shop at home or if you need to buy or lease commercial workspace
Step 4: Get Your Finances in Order
- Estimate your startup costs, compile available funds and/or find a lender & apply for a loan
Step 5: Meet Legal Requirements
- Pick and register a business name, obtain necessary licenses/permits, register for taxes & obtain insurance
Step 6: Set Up Your Accounting System
- Hire an accountant or set up accounting software to track your finances
Step 7: Prepare Your Workspace
- Set up your workspace, whether it’s at home or at a commercial office, so that your business can operate effectively
Step 8: Purchase Equipment & Supplies
- Obtain all the things you need to operate your portable restroom rental company
Step 9: Market Your Business
- Brand your business, set up your website, distribute business cards and brochures, advertise, & get involved in the community to attract customers and build the reputation of your company
Step 10: Go to Work
- Get out there and start serving your community