How to Create a Business PlanAugust 5, 2017
INFOGRAPHIC: History of the Porta-PottyAugust 6, 2017
Special events are big money-makers for portable restroom rental businesses. Because of this, providing excellent service and leaving a positive impression is of the utmost importance. If your service at an event is satisfactory, it will increase your chances of scoring additional high-dollar deals. This checklist will help you put on top-notch events every time.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
Get the JohnTalk “ALL-ACCESS PASS” & become a member for FREE!
Benefits Include: Subscription to JohnTalk Digital & Print Newsletters • JohnTalk Vault In-Depth Content • Full Access to the JohnTalk Classifieds & Ask a PRO Forum
Click here for membership.
Special Events Checklist
Before the Event
- Get an estimate of expected attendees from venue or event personnel so you can determine the number of units needed
- Find out when units need to be delivered, serviced and picked up. Remember to charge accordingly for requests that fall outside your standard services
- Offer add-ons and upsells, pitching them as enhancements to the customer experience. They include handicap-accessible and ADA-compliant units, deluxe units, solar lights, sinks, insurance, additional service, etc.
- Determine the billing information and terms (prepaid, Net-30, etc.)
- If you are assigning one or more employees to work the event, go over the event details with them to ensure they understand and meet expectations
- Drop off units on time and make sure they are all fully stocked
During the Event
- For multi-day events, thoroughly service and clean all units based on the agreed-upon service schedule
After the Event
- Pick up units by the agreed-upon time
- Gather feedback from venue or event personnel to find out what aspects of using your business they enjoyed and, if necessary, what aspects could have been better
- Make sure event organizers or venue managers have your business card so they can easily contact you for future events
- Bill for services based on the signed contract
At All Times
- Keep your brand present by wearing a uniform or company-branded apparel and having the company logo and information on all units and trucks
- Act professional and deliver the highest levels of customer service
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):