INFOGRAPHIC: Software Checklist- Must Have Software Features for PROsNovember 22, 2022
How to Deal with a Clogged Pump HoseDecember 22, 2022
For anyone with a portable toilet business that operates where the temperatures drop below freezing, brine is a winter essential. Brine prevents the waste and water in toilet tanks from freezing, which would not only make servicing units impossible but also could damage the units.
While brine-mixing equipment is commercially available, portable restroom operators (PROs) are innovators and problem-solvers. It’s common for them to develop their own solutions suited to their unique situations.
One type of mixing station consists of a mixing/holding tank that contains the water and rock salt. An agitator or auger is used to mix the brine solution. Other setups, like the one shown below, consist of multiple tanks connected with PVC pipe or hoses and a pump to circulate the brine mixture.
In the infographic below, learn a little more about a large batch brine container and winterization.
Like this infographic? Share it with your friends and colleagues!
Looking to Take Your Portable Restroom Business to the NEXT LEVEL? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Operating A Portable Restroom Business.”
Thinking About GETTING INTO the Portable Restroom Industry? Download our FREE Guide: “Your Guide to Starting A Portable Restroom Business.”
A Look at a Large Batch Brine Container
- Holding Tanks
- Connecting Pipes
- Salt-to-Water Ratio
- ½ pound of rock salt per gallon of water to protect down to 26⁰F
- 2 pounds of rock salt per gallon of water to protect down to 0⁰F
- Thorough Brine Mixing
- Brine-mixing systems like this (or ones that utilize an auger/agitator) properly mix and incorporate the salt into the water and prevent settling
- Convenient — No stirring by hand necessary
- Made for Bulk
- Setups like this are designed to make large batch solutions
- Premixed brine can be stored so you can quickly and easily fill the truck’s water tank when it’s needed
- For Tanks Only
- Brine is not intended to clean toilets