What questions should I ask a portable toilet provider?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

George Hill
    Participant

I’m planning to rent a number of portable toilets for the music festival that I’m organising. I’m thinking of placing them all over the venue since the festival might extend until midnight. I already found a provider of portable toilet hire services, but I don’t know what things I should ask them. This is my first time to hire portable toilets, so I have no idea what to do. Can you give me some tips? Any replies will surely be a big help for me. Thank you!

Paul
      Participant

Good day George,

Here is a list of things to consider when you sit with the operator you have chosen:

1 – How many people are expected?
        2 – How long is the event?
        3 – Will there be food?
        4 – Will there be alcohol?
        5 – If yes to alcohol will there be separate wet and dry areas?

From the above your operator will be able to gauge how many regular toilets, handicap toilets, and hand washing stations you will require based on your areas health and safety codes / regulations. This is important because some jurisdictions require these be met in order for you to get your liquor license or venue permits.

Some things to keep in mind during your discussions:

Frequency of cleanings – This based on the above number of units and a cost consideration for yourself. More units less cleaning or more cleanings and less units.

Accessibility to clean – If your operator can’t get their trucks to the units to clean during the event, then you better have enough to last the entire duration. if the event has 50,000 people wandering around and most are drunk, no operator is going to risk running over a person in a field.

Distance from F&B outlets – Jurisdiction regulations, again ask your operator they will know.

Units for F&B workers – These workers will need handwashing and bathrooms. If you are contracting out food services, make sure they are compliant and have your operators contact info.

Flow – your operator should be able to make suggestions based on your site plan to best place the units. People are lazy and will wait 15 minutes in line rather than walk 2 minutes to another set of toilets. This creates large queues and complaints from your customers. Large banks of units work best.

Backstage units – Don’t forget about your people back there.

Units at security and EMS / Fire areas

Units For Ticket takers / gate people

Units for people waiting to get in: Depending on your event and how you are handing the gates opening, people may start lining up hours before they open.

I hope this helps. if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Remember the cheapest price is not always the way to go.
        Ask for references on previous events and check them out.
        Its your customers experience that you want to ensure is good. In the same token its the operators name on the toilets. Work together so everyone leaves your event talking about the event and not the toilets.

Best of luck with your event.

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.